A Day in the life of a Software Developer - Req9730This position with State Farm's Labs organization is as a software developer on the Senior Living team. Candidate will be responsible for delivering full-stack and/or mobile applications. This candidate will have the opportunity to build a unique suite of products for seniors and their family members that includes voice and mobile user interfaces.We Are Looking for Candidates With:
-Agile delivery of large-scale software products
-Proven ability to take a software product live from the ground up, and the proven ability to adapt to changing requirements.
-Must have had experience on mobile or full-stack product team as a software developer/engineer.
-Must be an expert in at least one of these languages/platforms: Swift/iOS, Kotlin/Android, ES6/AWS Lambda. Voice user interface and dialog systems experience a plus. AWS Lambda API development a plus.Desired Competencies:
Adaptability, Communication, Relationship Building, Industry Knowledge, Initiative, Resourcefulness, Decision Making and Judgment, Customer Focus, Leadership, Teamwork, Technical/Functional ExpertiseNumber of Openings:
Silicon Valley, Palo Alto, CA Additional Details:
- Job may require travel via commercial transportation and/or driving motor vehicles
- Job may require irregular work hours and travel outside normal business hours•
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
Periodic What You Can Expect
What's In It For You
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. We look forward to talking with you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with cutting edge technologies and business models
- Contribute to brand new, patent-worthy, concepts and products.
- Be part of small, self-empowered teams.
- Participate in customizable skill-level and personal development training.
- Opportunity to identify, research, and feed the development of new and experimental products.
- Freedom to utilize different technologies, languages, and frameworks that apply to the problem being solved.
- Influence and inform solution design efforts that consider performance, risk mitigation, user experience, and testability.
- Participates in Design Thinking to identify personas, develop problem solving ideas, and pitch ideas to leadership as a team.
- Competitive Benefits, Pay, and Bonus Potential.
- Flexible work schedules. (Design your start and end time)
- STEM Mentoring Opportunities: Give back to the community in your area of expertise through volunteering at STEM events for students!
- Local volunteer opportunities.
- 401k plan and fully funded pension.
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Initiatives, and more!
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life go right®Come join our passionate team!
- Possesses an understanding of how technology solutions meet the business outcomes and offers a range of solutions for business partners
- Participates in sprint planning; provides work estimates to deliver product stories; owns development stories
- Develops solutions on variety of platforms according to business requirements
- Completes required coding to satisfy the defined acceptance criteria and deliver desired outcome
- Leads solution design, considering risks, mitigations, performance, user experience, and testability
- Assists in development of automated testing and supporting code as necessary
- Completes required documentation to communicate information to deployment, maintenance, and business teams
- Utilizes agile software development practices, coding, data and testing standards, secure coding practices, code reviews, source code management, continuous delivery and software architecture
- Participates in the full software development cycle including coding, testing, implementation, support and sunset
- Designs, develops, tests and supports software in support of big data objectives
- Possesses an understanding of User Experience practices to improve usability and interaction between the customer and product
- Adopts Service Design, where appropriate, through architecture modularity to enable continuous delivery
- Considers applying emerging technology solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness; expectation of continuous innovation
- Resolves problems that result in a decreased time to market; improves quality, enhances flexibility, and embraces the solution provider mindset
- Provides input into overall testing plan; contributes to test approach and scenarios for requirements
- Provides product and/or process expertise necessary to support design, development, testing and execution of solutions
- Exhibits DevOps mindset where team is accountable for product from inception to sunset