We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
****Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity****Responsibilities
State Farm is looking for a talented, self-directed, highly technical individual to join our Agency, Marketing & Contact Center development team. Our team is dedicated to enabling our agents and customer support associates with the ability to deliver the remarkable experience our customers deserve each and every time they contact State Farm. We enable solutions for every agent and associate working with State Farm customers by facilitating ease of use, reliability and data accessibility on a variety of service related activities. The team is one where collaborative self-directed individuals thrive. This developer will be responsible for designing and implementing complex solutions-including functional requirements, coding, support and agile team principles and leadership. This opportunity requires deep application development skills, high team collaboration, and strong communication skills. The focus of work will be on creating and improving Salesforce products and web services that enable our customers and enterprise users to be successful.QualificationsRequired Skills
- Demonstrated experience developing RESTful Web Services
- Ability to deliver solutions in a highly-collaborative team environment, in close partnership with other teams
- Significant experience in practicing agile methodologies, including scrum and continuous integration environments, as well as candid retrospective and continuous improvement
- Strong communication skills, including experience with crucial conversations and team accountability
- Understanding of how technology solutions meet business outcomes and ability to offer a range of solutions for business partners based on current and aspirational needs
Scope of work:
- Experience with Salesforce development, preferably in a large enterprise environment, including working knowledge of Apex, Lightning Components (Aura and LWC), Bulk API, data security, and sharing model
- Experience with at least one of VS Code, Force.Com, Illuminated Cloud or other development tools
- Experience with Selenium UI automation
- Experience utilizing continuous integration and delivery pipelines with Jenkins 2.0
- Technical writing and documentation experience
- Implements software solutions that enable the use of Salesforce to assist State Farm agents and customer support associates in servicing customers and potential customers
- Provides system software support for Salesforce Apex and Java applications
- Builds and improves RESTful Web Services, Salesforce Lightning implementations and various other systems
- Applies User Experience (UX) best practices to improve the usability of the product and its interaction with the customer
- Takes ownership of product stories to deliver impactful features from idea to implementation
- Participates in the full software development cycle including coding, testing, implementation, support and sunset
- Participates in team agile ceremonies such as PI and Sprint planning
- Adopts Service Design, where appropriate, through utilization of modularity within architecture to enable continuous delivery
- Applies understanding of tasks, activities, procedures, and processes in order to consistently produce high-quality work
- Applies innovation, passion and flexibility in daily activities