Information Technology is one of the fastest-growing teams within UWM and we need a rock star Coach to get our team members up and running and functioning at the highest level! The Software Developer Technical Coach will be responsible for the progression of team members in our Software Developer role. It will include coaching of our developers in everything from technology to process and architecture. It is an opportunity to leverage your technical experience to help make our Developers as strong as they can be. We're looking for someone who has full stack experience and worked in a clean code environment. WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Evaluate sample work outputs such as attending demos, code reviews, test cases and scripts, test reviews, acceptance criteria, test strategies and provide feedback
- Schedule and conduct coaching sessions
- Create and communicate action plans for improvement
- Maintain records of evaluation and coaching for each team member interaction
- Create and execute a team member interaction schedule to ensure interactions with all team members
- Continuously gather new best practice work samples and provide opportunities to help grow team members through training and coaching
- Acts as an additional resource to assist team members in solving problems
- Observes development teams and agile rituals to provide continuous improvement feedback
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOURequired:
- Make recommendations on optimizing processes and leverage the latest techniques and technologies
- Ensures teams are following practices and standards
- Collaborate with senior leaders to establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and helping to transform our legacy code base into well-designed code and systems that can tolerate change.
- Advise on new training opportunities and gaps for the training team to prioritize for new or enhanced training material
- Proactively identify trends using data and feedback to address skill and capability gaps
- Knowledge of .Net C# coding practices
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of MVC Patterns
- Knowledge of NUnit
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 or 2019
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in TFS /Jira
- Experience working with Git
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with team members at all levels
- Ability to continually learn and adapt chan ge
Ready to join thousands of talented team members who are making the dream of home ownership possible for more Americans? It's all happening on UWM's campus, where our award-winning workplace packs plenty of perks and amenities that keep the atmosphere buzzing with energy and excitement.
It's no wonder that out of our six pillars, People Are Our Greatest Asset is number one. It's at the very heart of how we treat each other, our clients and our community. Whether it's providing elite client service or continuously striving to improve, our pillars provide a pathway to a more successful personal and professional life.
From the team member that holds a door open to the one that helps guide your career, you'll feel the encouragement and support on day one. No matter your race, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation and ethnicity, you'll be welcomed here. Accepted here. And empowered to Be You Here.
More reasons you'll love working here include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after just 30 days
- Additional parental and maternity leave benefits after 12 months
- Adoption reimbursement program
- Paid volunteer hours
- Paid training and career development
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Mortgage discount and area business discounts
- Free membership to our large, state-of-the-art fitness center, including exercise classes such as yoga and Zumba, various sports leagues and a full-size basketball court
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician's office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch
- Convenience store featuring healthy grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company
- Indoor/outdoor caf with Wi-Fi
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation and change. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Team members may be required to perform other or different job-related duties as requested by their team lead, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment with UWM is "at-will." UWM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Connect with UWM!
Not sure what to apply for? Connect with us to speak with a recruiter and explore opportunities!