VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Task Lead to carry out entire SDLC (system Development Lifecycle) to deliver software products in support of client business operations across the country.
* Location: Telework opportunities available with occasional onsite travel
* Salary: Dependent upon experience
* Security Clearance: Must be able to obtain an IRS MBI clearance
* Available: Upon award (estimated to be end of February) currently in proposal stage
* Carry out entire SDLC process by using agile software development methodologies and practices in which software products are delivered in increments
* Provide expertise as required to assist the client in the development and implementation of Knowledge Management (KM) and Knowledge Sharing (KS) solutions to both various departments and divisions.
* Provide applications development support for workflow applications that are custom designed for client.
* Gather and compile user requirements and change modifications, create design documents and scope estimates, develop prototype sample applications and production-ready applications, create and operate test scripts (both automated and manual test suites), develop end-user documentation and training documents, and modify the programming code to address changes requested by the user community
* Provide support for the development, testing and production for products hosted in the IRS Portal environments including; but not limited to: Alteon network equipment, WebSphere, Oracle, MQ Series, Automated Financial System, IIS, Sun Clustering, Windows, Solaris, XML Gateway, F5 Load Balancer, Red Hat Linux, JBoss, Greenplum Massive Parallel Processing (MPP), DB2, Tivoli, Websphere, Quest Authentication Service SSO, eTrust/SiteMinder, Informatica, Documentum, Enterprise Service Management, Web Methods, Enterprise Service Bus and associated Infrastructure Applications such as EDA, ESA, Common Services, SOR, SMSP, TDC On, AMDAS etc. in the IRS Sandbox, Development, Test and Production environments.
* Provide SME to support the deployment and troubleshooting of various middleware products hosted in the IRS Portal environments
* Provide Drupal SME support through the Drupal implementation life cycle
* Responsible for modifying software components to address requested changes
* Develop, update, and maintain existing training scripts within client training system
* Develop and maintain recorded on-demand training sessions, and/or develop training scripts for additional applications - to include customized workflow applications and any other applications developed in the future.
* Responsible for direct one-on-one daily interaction with the nationwide user community proactively and when customer support is requested
* Support any Infrastructure Logical or Physical Design as requested
* Support design, build-out, update, operational support and maintenance of the following for the purposes of prototyping, development, application quality testing, integration, regression, functional and performance testing:
+ Multiple instances of RRP system in Integration and Test Environment (ITE), including Model Prototype Environments (MPEs), as requested
+ Integration of RRP system instances in ITE with Enterprise Common Services and Data Sources deployed outside of the ITE, as requested
* Support the Infrastructure Development, Integration, Testing and Deployment
* Experience leading large teams within a Federal setting
* Previous experience working within the IRS environment(s)
* Bachelor's degree (Masters Preferred) in a related field. Additional years of experience can used in lieu of a degree
* 10+ years' experience
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Information Technology