Software Developer in Test-CloudDo you enjoy being part of a successful team?Would you enjoy testing innovative software for energy products?Join our Bently Nevada Engineering team!
Bently Nevada, a Baker Hughes business, is an industry leader in condition monitoring and machine asset protection. Join our team of professional engineers specializing in plantwide, holistic suite of machine condition monitoring and protection hardware, software, and services that help our customers achieve the highest level of asset reliability possible. With over 60 years of experience and truly global support, our business supports many industries including renewable power generation through wind and hydro turbine monitoring solutions.Partner with the best
Description of what Software Developer in Test-Cloud
As a Software Developer in Test-Cloud, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Demonstrating awareness of the various testing types and methodologies
- Understanding that testing is part of development. Uses test driven development practices wherever possible.
- Writing tests at various layers of complexity including: Unit Tests, Integration Tests, System Tests.
- Writing code for tooling and infrastructure to support testing and deployment of solutions.
- Managing test plans, test cases, and test execution.
- Learning new testing techniques and designs to improve test case quality.
- Documenting bugs in the bug tracking tools following company guidelines.
- Demonstrating awareness of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, Refactoring and Testing Techniques.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or Bachelors in "STEM" (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) with Coding experience.
- Have Database/PostGres/Timeseries/SQL/Oracle knowledge.
- Have experience of testing API, Web, client server and GUI applications.
- Understands the technology landscape, is up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team.
- Learn organization vision statement and decision-making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision.
- Make transitions to the new and different. Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive.
- Flexible office and home working hours - based on business needs and specific job requirements, flexibility to work some days in the office and some days from home.
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train, and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we must push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
- Competitive Full Stream Bonus
- 401k matching
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner, and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.