At DISH, our technology teams challenge the status quo and reimagine capabilities across industries. From product development to software design to big data and beyond, our people play vital roles in connecting consumers with the products and platforms of tomorrow.
High-level job responsibilities:
DISH Wireless is looking for a Software Developer Engineer in Test to support its products and services through agile software development in DGC, CO. In this role:
- Developing innovative approaches, techniques, and solutions in the areas of Automation, Performance Engineering, Continuous Testing, Continuous Delivery, Service Virtualization, Shift Left, BDD, TDD, etc.
- Analyzing how systems are being tested manually and identifying opportunities to reduce that time and effort through Automation
Day-to-day job responsibilities
- Designing and creating robust automated test scripts and software to address business and technical use cases.
- Maintaining, supporting and extending our existing automation framework and automation suite, and development of greenfield testing frameworks.
- Collaborating with Software Engineering Leaders, Project Managers, Product Managers, and others to ensure smooth integration of Quality Engineering solutions into the SDLC (Agile preferred)
- Researching and staying up to date on the latest tools, technologies, trends, and approaches within the QE space and incorporating the ones that make sense.
- Participating in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Participating in design and code reviews, refactor code as needed to meet evolving design standards, participate in or lead engineering process improvements.
- A strong passion for quality, high level of attention to detail, and the proven ability to solve complex technical challenges
- Extensive experience applying Quality Engineering techniques across the SDLC to improve the quality of systems and enable the ability to deliver quality at speed.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
- Wireless communications industry experience (T-mobile, Verizon, AT&T, Cricket etc.) ideal but not required
- A minimum of 4 years of diverse experience designing, developing, and implementing Test Automation solutions across a variety of platforms and applications.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline engineering and maintenance using tools like: Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Cirlce CI, Travis CI, etc.
- Experience testing REST APIs
- Experience testing an exterprise product catalog is a plus
- Experience with XML and JSON
- AWS experience
- Knowledge of Agile progress and best practices (Kanban, Scrum)
Compensation: $85,905.00/Yr. - $136,190.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.