Description Job Description:The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking numerous Software developers in the Windsor Mill area of MD, contingent upon contract award.
Leidos has established a strong partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that spans more than 30 years. Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, the mission of the SSA is to deliver quality Social Security services to the public. In 2019, it is estimated that approximately 64 million Americans will receive over one trillion dollars in Social Security benefits. Through its current contract, the Information Technology Support Services Contract II (ITSSC II), Leidos provides strategic and tactical planning, project management services, and operations and maintenance support for more than 1,000 applications, close to 550 Petabytes (PB) of data, and over 1,800 databases. Our software engineers provide new development support utilizing Agile practices across a variety of platforms including mainframe, midrange, Windows, Linux, Unix, and the Cloud. Software languages used include Java, Angular, Node.JS, Python, and .Net. Database technologies currently in use on the program include DB2, Oracle, SQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB. Focus areas include Data Analytics, Fraud Prevention, Electronic Health Records, Infrastructure Modernization, and Digital Transformation. Other leading-edge technologies that are being explored and utilized on the program include Robotics Process Automation (RPA), artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML).
There are various developer opportunities we are looking to fill. Please see some additional details on potential opportunities we are currently taking applications for. Program Overview Details:
Under the ITSSC II program, Leidos supports the full range of IT integration services supporting a multi-platform computing environment, including: information systems modernization initiatives, software engineering, project management, infrastructure services, data warehousing, database administration, research, planning, security, federal enterprise architecture initiatives, and all levels of Internet, Intranet and Web portal initiatives and migrating legacy architecture to web-based platforms.Potential Position Titles:
Senior Python NLTK Developer
Senior Java Developer
Senior Node.JS/React UI Developer
Senior Node.js developer
Senior Java Developer with Angular Potential Opportunity Locations:
Windsor Mill area of Baltimore, MDPotential KEY Required Skills (Not ALL Required- Skills based on specific role):
- Extensive hands-on experience with one or more frameworks such as AngularJS, jQuery, ReactJS, and Express/Node.js, PaaS offerings such as Red Hat OpenShift and Docker
- NLTK Python 2.7+ preferably 3.6; Frameworks - Anaconda, pandas, numpy, scikit learn, Allen NLP, Stanford NLP, regex, and multiprocessing; RESTful/SOAP web services; Python Micro-Web services (like CherryPy, Gevent, or Gunicorn),Bottle or Flask, Django, Unit Testing; Postgres, XML, XSL, XSD; Unit Testing
- Extensive senior level full-stack software development experience with Node.js with detailed understanding of user interface frameworks, back-end software architecture interactions and node module capabilities.
- Experience with modern software development tools for Continuous Integration including Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, and UrbanCode Deploy.
- Experience with Web Services Technologies (XML, JAXP, JAXB, JAX-WS, AXIS, JERSEY, JSON, CXF, REST and SOAP) and Security (LTPA, JWT, OAUTH2).
- Hands-on Design and development experience on Microservices and Restful API.
- Experience with Automated unit test (i.e. JUnit, Mocking frameworks), Test Driven Development (TDD), and Behavior-driven development (BDD) (Cucumber).
- Experience with JEE technologies including Struts, Spring Framework (IoC, MVC, Transactions, Security, and Batch), Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, JPA, Hibernate, SOAP/RESTful, XML, DB2, Tomcat, WebSphere.
Basic Qualifications for ALL Positions:
External Referral Bonus:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 7 years professional experience
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.