Voice-driven AI combined with engaging Visual Experiences are an exciting reality. Amazon's Alexa Home Cloud Service and our Echo devices are at the forefront of this latest technology wave. Our Alexa Home team works on developing cloud services to work with Alexa devices with a screen such as the highly rated Echo Show product line used by millions of customers.
As a Software Engineer on the Alexa Home team within Alexa Devices, you will help drive innovation by developing features that present innovative speech-backed visual experiences on our Echo Show devices and similar screened Alexa devices. Your role will include developing new systems, partnering with other Amazon and third-party services, working on web services and large scale data infrastructure, and more! If being at the forefront of new innovation for Alexa sounds exciting, we would love to talk to you! BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of industry experience.
- 2+ years of programming experience in at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#; in Linux, Windows, and/or Mac environment.
- 2+ years of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, run-time analysis, object oriented design and code quality verification.
- 2+ years of experience in Java
- Passion for inventing new product designs and technical solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to create advanced architectures and sustainable solutions.
- Experience collaborating with UX, Product, and non-technical partners.
- Familiarity with working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD)
- Experience developing and deploying RESTful web services
- Experience with database (SQL, no-SQL) technology
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.