We are looking for a Cloud Development Engineer who can bring DevSecOps practices together with a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers, data scientists, strategic partners, product managers, and subject domain experts. The Cloud Development Engineer will design and implement the cloud-native patterns using Infrastructure-as-Code principles to enable applications within the AWS cloud. This could involve developing CDKs to provision architecture, develop application interfaces to dynamically scale the application based on user interaction, or implementing monitoring capabilities to ensure the application is performing well for users. This position will be in Atlanta, GA or Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- The Cloud Development Engineer position preferably has 3-5 years of software and development experience with a minimum and 1-2+ years of hands-on experience working with DevSecOps technologies and build-to-manage environments as a developer.
- Candidate must have a bias for action and be capable of system level thinking.
- Candidate must also have excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Additionally, candidate must be a self-learner with the ability to pick up new technologies and provide tangible results.
- High School Diploma, GED or High School Equivalency
- Embraces Diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- Expertise in Linux
- Experience in CICD, TDD, and DevOps
- Knowledge of automated test frameworks
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps
- Experience with source control, build tools and GIT (eg. Gitlab, Github, Bitbucket)
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experienced with Cloud Native architectures
- Hands on development experience in NodeJS, Python, and/or Java
- Experience developing proof-of-concept and should be passionate to innovate new solutions
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- BS/MS degree, preferably in a technical or scientific field. Ability to work in a fast-paced technology environment, interacting with product owners, software engineers, and business analysts.
- A developer background with the ability to learn quickly and share your knowledge with the broader team
- Infrastructure as Code Configuration management tools (eg. AWS CDK or CFT, Terraform)
- CI/CD tools (eg. Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline, Tekton)
- Monitoring tools (eg. AWS Cloudwatch, SumoLogic, Splunk)
- Able to design data, system, and component architectures; and design and share in simple language
- Knowledge of secure coding standards
- Experience with deploying and managing Microservices using container orchestration platforms
- Experience in creating and nurturing highly available systems on Kubernetes
- Experience with a platform for monitoring, logging, and orchestration of docker applications running on Kubernetes