Linux, bash, C/C++, lua - embedded software systems at cloud scale! Amazon EC2
provides reliable, scalable cloud computing on demand. With our AWS EC2 Nitro System
, we break apart traditional hypervisor functions like CPU virtualization, storage, and networking, and offload them to dedicated hardware and software. This enables us to deliver practically all of the resources of a server to customer instances, innovate faster, increase security, deliver new instance types, and reduce customer cost.
The EC2 Nitro Linux team is looking for engineers with systems knowledge and experience in developing kernel features, bringing up Linux on new platforms, and tooling associated with the performance characterization, qualification, software install, and deployment of Linux on embedded cards. Nitro Linux is a secure, embedded environment that is integrated with the Nitro control plane and provides services supporting live updates, logs and metrics collection, core dump collection, and system health monitoring.
This team creates the very core of the cloud, and is directly responsible for radically changing and improving the way that people use computers - come help us make history!
We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, Glamazon (our LGBTQ+ community), and more.
You'd join our team located in Sunnyvale, CA. Across from Moffett Federal Airfield, our Sunnyvale office holds research and development subsidiary Amazon Lab126 and teams focused on developing the future for Amazon devices.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- At least 3+ years of experience with C/C++, Python, Bash, Lua, or Rust development.
- Experience with Linux systems, shell scripting, package management, and device trees.
- Familiarity with version control systems, unit testing, and integration testing.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience in hypervisor development, kernel development, real-time operating system (RTOS) development, high-performance systems programming, peripheral firmware development, or system firmware.
- Experience developing Linux modules, Linux networking, bare-metal software, firmware, device drivers, boot loaders, bringing up embedded boards.
- Experience with AWS technologies such as EC2, EBS, or S3, or other cloud computing platforms.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.