Are you fascinated by the film and television industry? Would you like a window into Hollywood's inner workings? Would you like to solve big technical challenges that change the way entertainment professionals do their jobs?
IMDbPro, a division of IMDb, is transforming the business of entertainment and building the tools that actors, writers, producers, talent agents, studio executives, and more use on a daily basis. Our widely used product helps entertainment industry professionals easily find the information they need to excel at their jobs, manage their professional presence online, discover talent, find their next opportunity, and promote their work. IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV, and celebrity content, reaching an audience of more than 250 million unique visitors per month.
Key job responsibilities
- Full stack development
- Develop distributed multi-tiered systems with high throughput, low latency and high availability.
- Collaborate with engineers, product management, and UX designer
A day in the life
A successful candidate will have a passion for solving interesting problems no matter where on the stack, from debugging high throughput multi-threaded applications to wrangling heaps of structured data to creating responsive, adaptive user interfaces. You will join a talented team working on scalable systems, with a bias toward open-source tech and Amazon Web Services. It's a fun and fast-paced environment with an exposure to working across IMDb and Amazon businesses on a global scale. You will collaborate with fellow engineers, product & program management, marketing, and UX designers to make swift but data-driven decisions that result in high-quality products.
About the team
We are a fast moving, startup style team, located in Santa Monica, CA. The team is responsible for subscription & payment services and customer engagement & retention initiatives. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Experience with cloud-based solutions, especially server-less paradigms (AWS Lambda), non-relational databases (AWS DynamoDB) and infrastructure-as-code (AWS CDK)
- Experience with React and Node.js
- Champion of automated testing. Experience automating system integration and load tests
- Ability to effectively articulate and drive solutions to technical and business challenges
- A desire to work cross-functionally, interfacing directly with business and product stakeholders
- Experience building distributed multi-tiered systems that feature high throughput, low latency and high availability.
- Strong object-oriented design skills with understanding of common design paradigms
- Solid oral and written communication skills (operational runbooks, technical designs, business-facing communication)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.