The opportunity to work in the video game space within Amazon to develop next generation game experience. Team is operating in a greenfield environment with opportunity to experiment and try out new ideas.
Key job responsibilities
The Amazon Luna team is leveraging the power of the cloud to enable customers to experience the rich and immersive world of gaming on all of their existing devices. Luna represents an exciting and truly new product and business, with a high degree of innovation, and an opportunity to reach a large volume of passionate customers.
As a Software Development Engineer working on the infrastructure for Luna, you will get to combine your passion for gaming, AWS, and building scalable tech for the next generation of cloud gaming.
A day in the life
You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing new, exciting and cutting-edge for Luna cloud gaming. The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers, scientists, and business people engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver these new products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, technical invention, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership and meticulousness. You should also be comfortable collaborating regularly with colleagues across many of Amazon's current businesses, including devices, retail, and AWS.
This is an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial, comfortable operating with ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts. You are a true owner - you are passionate about the potential customer and societal impact and will operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product.
We are building backend services, frontend UIs, apps, skills, scalable algorithms, and prototypes. You don't need to be an expert in all of these, but the right candidate is excited and willing to learn to take on these challenges.
Software Engineers at Amazon do so much more than just software development:
• Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver on-time, high-quality software
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
• Designs scalable software systems that solve key business problems and contribute to scaling the business
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile development, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Technical leadership of large-sized technical projects with minimal supervision
• Track record of designing, building and delivering complex software systems
About the team
• Small and collaborative team with members from various backgrounds who learn and grow together
• Open minded and willing to make bold bets
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
• 3+ years of programming experience in Linux, Windows, and/or Mac environment.
• Experience with browser content engines and web standards - Chromium, WebKit, WASM, WebCodec, WebTransport, etc
• Experience with Audio/Video software stack in different platforms (Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux)
• Experience creating advanced architectures and sustainable solutions
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
• Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
• Highly innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.