At the heart of Amazon's e-commerce business is the Item & Offer Platform engineering team. The platform is used by millions of merchants to expose customers to new products or new offerings on existing products. Using massively parallel processing and proprietary techniques, millions of updates to details, prices, inventory levels, and relationships are processed in real time to keep Amazon's catalog fresh. Imagine that on any given day your solutions bring billions of experiences to customers around the globe; that is the reality on the Item & Offer Platform team.
The Item and Offer Platform team is an agile, fast-moving team driving the future of this central piece of Amazon's shopping experience. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) to shape that future.
In this role, you will participate in all parts of the software development process, from collaborating with customers on design to executing that design in a scalable and extensible way. You will have the opportunity to solve hard computer science problems and help the business every day.
Successful candidates are passionate about translating high-level, ambiguous business goals to software platforms that enable multiple businesses. You are passionate about taking initiative, delivering extensible, on-time solutions, and being a part of high-performing teams. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.