Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon's Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
As a Software Development Engineer in FinTech, you will build real time financial calculation engines and reports to assess Amazon's exposure to financial risks, and use Machine Learning (ML) to forecast cash balances across the company. You will design and develop custom web-based applications, and integrate them with data sources and reporting applications. You work with scientists to bring AWS ML models to production and scale them for use across all of Amazon's accounts. You are adept at implementing web services and server-oriented architecture (SOA) based solutions.
FinTech operates financial software platforms that are among the largest in the world by volume and complexity. We interact with all of Amazon's businesses globally and the majority of our projects are cross-functional across finance and business functions. Our work enables Amazon's new market or business model launches.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience with large scale distributed systems and service-oriented architecture.
• Experience with big data platforms
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent.
• Experience in object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with large scale distributed systems
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.