Software Development Engineer 2 (Java)Location:
Lehi, UTStart Date:
Sep 14, 2019
Apply Now Sign Up For Job Alerts Email Job Refer a Friend Apply with LinkedIn Job Description:
Software Development Engineer 2 (Java)
12-24 month contract
FamilySearch Engineering is looking for a Java Software Developer at our Lehi campus to work in the exciting area of discovering and connecting with our ancestors. This position works on an engineering team that develops backend Java applications, tools, and services to support our marketing outreach effort. Specifically, Java developers write backend services and tools to provide the data needed to enable outreach-marketing campaigns. The process to create and provide this information uses exciting modern technologies, such as Java, NoSQL, SPARK, Amazon AWS, Facebook Messenger BOT, and others. This role also requires experience with or ability to learn data-mining techniques and to create, manage, search, correlate, and provide access to very large datasets. This position is an exciting opportunity to participate in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and challenging problem space.
We create inspiring experiences that bring joy to all people as they Client, gather, and connect their family - past, present, and future.
Our Quality Standards: Inspiration, Trust, Kindness, Effectiveness, and Simplicity. All workers at FamilySearch learn to find their ancestors.
- Requires a Bachelors degree in computer science or related field or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years relevant Java experience.
- Experience dealing with large datasets, Spark, AWS a plus.
- Work as a software developer (programmer) in a fast-paced, highly collaborative team environment.
- Work closely with designers, UX developers, product owners, and marketing specialists to promote FamilySearch and introduce discovery opportunities to our patrons and the public.
- Work with Senior Principal Engineers and Senior Engineers in the establishment of architectures, standards, and best practices for the team.
- Participate in team meetings; team planning sessions, setting team goals, and all other team activities.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com