AWS is hosting a hiring event seeking talented Software Development Engineers! These positions can be located in Herndon and Arlington.
Prospective candidates will have the opportunity to interview with both the AWS Identity and AWS Security teams.
The AWS Identity team builds the secure identity, access, and resource management foundation for customers to scale in the AWS Cloud. We ensure our customers have flexible identity options to securely migrate existing workloads to the AWS Cloud and to build their new cloud-native applications. By joining the AWS Identity team, you will work on massively scalable, core technologies used for authentication and authorization to all AWS services (such as Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, and Amazon DynamoDB). You'll work at the intersection of security, optimization, large-scale data, machine learning and UX to form innovative new ways to easily manage access to millions of users and resources.
With the AWS Security team, you'll be a key member of the engineering staff working across all of our internal and external facing services to ensure that we maintain the highest standards of protection for our customers. Some days you'll be helping to design proper security best practices, other days you'll be contributing to specific implementations. Our team thrives and succeeds in delivering high quality technology products and services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. The ideal candidate has broad and deep technical knowledge, typically ranging from front-end UIs through back-end systems and all points in between.
Are you ready to challenge yourself in our collaborative atmosphere and watch yourself grow at AWS? As a Software Development Engineer at AWS, you will develop and scale our services and improve our customer experience across the globe. You will influence the way services are developed, provide best practices guidance and architecture feedback.
• Are a group of technologists from diverse backgrounds
• Obsess over our customer's needs and experience
• Are owners. We love building new innovative technologies, and improving our existing ones
• Wear multiple hats. We enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
• Are innovative, agile and collaborative
• Enjoy seeing the impact your work has on your customers
• Are comfortable in an agile environment and create order from ambiguity
• Take ownership and do whatever it takes to get the job done
• Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions
• Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of software development experience in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, or C#, including object-oriented design
- Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience of Software Development Engineer (SDE) and/or DevOps (SRE experience), supporting development teams in a Linux/Unix environment in large-scale, 24x7 production Environments
- 1+ years of experience building large scale web services or distributed system software
- Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, source control management, and operations
- Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch
- Knowledge of Linux systems and operating system internals
- Experience with large scale systems
- Experiencing mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.