We are looking for Software Engineers with systems software engineering and/or embedded firmware development background. The role can be based in Austin, TX or Seattle, WA.
If you have a passion for systems software engineering and/or embedded firmware development, then this is a unique opportunity to build the core of the AWS cloud by delivering compute platforms. You'll be working on cutting edge technology that drives innovation from startups through major enterprises.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
You will be involved in hands-on software development including software design reviews, implementation, code reviews, new platform enablement/bring-up, automated test development, deployment, and monitoring to make sure your code is working properly at scale. You will closely engage with silicon designers, hardware engineers, internal/external partners to design, bring-up and launch new EC2 compute platforms.
About the team
EC2 Nitro drives the planet's largest, fastest growing and most feature-rich compute cloud. Nitro is AWS's ground-up design for virtualization at global scale built on a fully custom stack of hardware, firmware and applications. Nitro has enabled EC2 to support Intel, AMD and Amazon's custom silicon - Graviton2 - while raising the industry bar for security and performance across our product line. The Nitro Team is looking for engineers with systems knowledge and experience in area such as Linux OS boot sequencing, Kernel, Hypervisor (Xen or KVM), peripheral device development (PCIe or NVMe) and low-level PC systems such as BIOS. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ yearS of industry experience focused on C/C++ development and Java/Lua/ Rust / Bash/Python scripting language
- Low-level embedded development experience.
- Experience with PCIe architecture.
- Deep knowledge of Intel, ARM, and AMD architectures.
- Low-level Linux systems internals such as boot process, memory management, and peripheral driver development.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.