Does making mobile and web developers lives better intrigue you? Do you like React/Redux/Typescript? Have you felt like you're not appreciated at your current team? Come join the AWS Amplify Admin UI team!
At AWS Amplify, we're working to build a set of tools and services that can be used together or on their own, to help front-end web and mobile developers build scalable, full stack applications, powered by AWS. With Amplify, you can configure app backends and connect your app in minutes, deploy static web apps in a few clicks, and easily manage app content outside the AWS console.
We're right at the start of a comprehensive roadmap to deliver the functionality and features our customers are asking for and delight them with functionality they couldn't even imagine. We're passionate about what our customers are building, so we can offer them the right tools to be successful. If you are as passionate as us about app development and providing developers with the latest and greatest tools to build and host their apps, join the AWS Amplify team!
As a member of the team, you will:
- Work closely with the product team and other AWS teams to deliver on the team's technical vision
- Influence technical strategy to build products developers will love
- Drive team discussions on system architecture and component design
- Lead development and launch of core features and products
- Participate in all stages of the software development cycle, including design and development of significant new architectures and features
- Participate in estimation and sprint planning
- Mentor junior team members
- Conduct interviews and help hire great talent for the team
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong UX skills and sound knowledge of UX best practices with the ability to incorporate them into solutions
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development
- Experience with React and ES6
- Experience with AWS
- Appetite and enthusiasm to work with new technologies
- Keen interest in staying current with the latest trends and techniques in the industry
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
- AWS product experience and development using the AWS platform
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Eagerness to adopt a lead role in mentoring and developing others
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us