WiFi has become a critical component to every home worldwide. eero an Amazon company was the first product to bring a whole-home WiFi experience using mesh technology to consumers. At eero, we're building the connected home of the future and are looking for a product-focused cloud engineer to help make that happen. Our team, consists of mobile, cloud, and embedded engineers.
The eero Cloud is a combination of technologies that we are excited and passionate about: Scala, Akka, gRPC, Envoy, and Kubernetes just to name a few. We are looking for engineers who care about performance, efficiency, and elegance. We believe we can demystify the home network for all of our customers, while making them safe and protecting their privacy. If you want to build systems that have an impact in people's everyday lives, come join us!
Key job responsibilities
As a Software Development Engineer working on the eero Cloud, you will:
Design, build, and operate highly-scalable, always-on distributed systems that service millions of connected devices.
Integrate the eero Cloud with mobile devices, eero devices, and 3rd party systems to implement new features.
Implement tools to make Cloud operations fast, reliable, and repeatable.
• 4+ years of relevant work experience in software development, including design, implementation, testing, code reviews, and debugging.
• 2+ years experience in a modern language such as Scala, Java, Python, C++, or similar languages
• You have a deep understanding of the full development life cycle starting with feature concept to shipping of a feature
• Proficiency with JVM languages such as Java or Scala
• You can drive technical architecture discussions and help inform decisions
• Experience with service-oriented architectures and web application/API development
• Fundamentals in data structures, software design, algorithms, maintainability, and distributed systems
• Experience writing technical specifications and documentation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.