Are you interested in building a green field cloud service for AWS. Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers who use AWS every day?
The Directed Work team is responsible for building the systems that automate and orchestrate the physical work processes that occur inside all of AWS' global datacenters. Our talented team of datacenter engineers depend on our systems to perform their work safely, securely, efficiently, and free of defects, resultant in finished products being ready for AWS customer-facing utilization. Our team is responsible for billions of dollars in capital and the ultimate success of our core cloud infrastructure business.
We are looking for software engineers who are excited about building industry leading, next generation SCM and Workforce Management systems for the AWS cloud on the AWS cloud. In this role you will be responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability, scalability and latency guarantees. In addition you will be expected raise the standards of the organization by mentoring junior engineers, interviewing and upleveling the coding standards. This is a highly visible program across multiple organizations where you will have the opportunity to have a huge impact. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- MS or PhD in computer science or related technical field
- 8+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience
- Experience with workflow products: SWF, Step Functions, Luigi, Airflow.
- Experience in Software As A Service
- Technical expertise in at least one major technical area of distributed systems, such as scale-out or fault-tolerance
- Experience leading development life cycle process
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.