Looking for a challenge? Enjoy doing different types of development? We're seeking a Software Development Engineer to join the AWS developer documentation team to help build and improve tools and services used to generate and deliver our documentation. In this role, you will be responsible for website development and operations for the AWS documentation site (https://docs.aws.amazon.com), evolve the internal tools that we use to produce documentation to increase writer productivity while also increasing quality, and provide internal technical support to a team of technical writers and editors. AWS iterates rapidly and delivers new features and new services continuously. You will make sure the documentation teams has the right tools to deliver high quality documentation in a highly agile fashion.
The AWS Documentation team writes and provides support for a diverse audience consisting of developers, DevOps professionals, IT professionals, technical program managers, and scientists. We have both the technical background and the writing background that enable our team to deliver high-quality technical documentation. On behalf of our customers, we do much more than just write the docs. We innovate, we research, we learn, and we experiment. We collaborate with product managers to understand our customers' needs. We partner with software developers to learn the inner workings of AWS services so that we can influence design and the customer experience. We know that what we do makes a difference in the successful adoption and implementation of AWS services.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Experience developing with Java or other object oriented language
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
- Master's Degree in Computer Science
- Passion for building efficient/scalable tools and web interfaces.
- Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
- Experience in Amazon Web Services
- Degree preferably in computer science or a similar technical discipline
- Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI
- You should be a self-starter and motivated
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit