Want to work with brilliant engineers who are changing the world? Want to solve technical problems at scale on the largest Elasticsearch cluster at Amazon? We're looking for passionate Software Development Engineers (SDEs) like you who are entrepreneurial and ready to tackle your next career challenge!
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world. Amazon's vision is to offer the earth's largest selection and lowest prices to our customers.
Over 5MM Sellers in 12 countries (and growing) list their products for sale on the Amazon.com Marketplace. Sellers are a critical part of Amazon's ecosystem to deliver on our vision of offering the earth's largest selection and lowest prices. Our business currently represents more than 50% of Amazon units sold, and is growing all the time.
The Marketplace organization drives the Selling on Amazon business and develops solutions that enable millions of sellers around the world to sell to more than 200MM customers (and growing). These solutions include the software platform and applications that drive demand generation, customer acquisition, seller integration, customer relationship management, business analytics, and the inventory and order management functions necessary for sellers to manage their business online at Amazon.com.
Our team is made up of people like you. People who are:
Entrepreneurial -We build solutions for all sellers, regardless of size. In fact, many of us are sellers ourselves.
Innovative - Our problem space evolves every day due to scale, new categories and new geographies. There is no playbook for a Marketplace of this size, so innovation and creativity are a must.
Passionate - We are passionate about our customers, both sellers and buyers. Everyone's an owner at Amazon, and our team is no exception. Our business is growing fast and the pace is even faster.
Leaders - We recognize the desire for people to lead, whether it is the development of a new feature or ownership of a new category. We invest in our team members, providing challenging roles with significant responsibility. Coaching and mentoring is taken seriously to ensure we continue to build a company we can be extremely proud of.
The Listing Services teams build and operate the core platforms and services that support our sellers via interactive applications, feed processing systems, reporting frameworks and Web service APIs. Sellers use these systems to manage their products and inventory levels on Amazon websites and they are mission-critical to our sellers' businesses. The Listing Services team mission is to provide the most innovative, scalable, and reliable systems in the world to ensure our sellers' success. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Full stack experience
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Masters degree in Computer Science
- Experience working in agile development environments.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Passion for building complex systems and a proven ability to deliver quality code
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work within ambiguous design constraints
- Work well in teams and respect and welcome ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
- Passion for solving complex and interesting problems
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Maniacal Customer Obsession
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us