DMI (Digital Management, LLC.), the world's first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company's unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine's Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn , Twitter , Facebook , and Instagram . About the Opportunity
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is looking for a Software Development Engineer (must have an active Top Secret Clearance)
to support a government customer. This position is in support of a federal government customer's infrastructure and data center services. As a whole, the team supports thousands of virtual, physical, and cloud based servers, services, and backup and storage devices; hardware and software platforms; physical and virtual server and desktop images; enterprise patching, storage, refresh, and other initiatives. Specifics of this position are outlined below:
Responsible for the design, development, testing, and management of the application development projects in support of IT infrastructure. This includes the programmatic integration of third party components, the introduction of new custom capabilities, modification of existing code, process improvement recommendation, and automation of operations and maintenance tasks. Duties include technical project milestone reviews, code architecture sessions, resource estimation, and development best practices knowledge transfer. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Recommend and utilize the appropriate programming language for each component or workload based upon performance requirements, supportability, integration with existing components, maintainability, and other selection criteria deemed applicable.
- Have full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming.
- Analyze business functions or processes to understand the needs for which applications are being designed.
- Be able to conduct large-scale development efforts.
- Develop all components and services using industry best practices such as test-driven development, centralized source code management, code reviews, and automated testing.
- Utilize continuous integration / continuous deployment (CI/CD) workflows to the maximum extent possible for all published components.
- Produce DevOps best practice templates and guides to serve as examples to other development teams interested in transitioning to DevOps development workflows.
- May be asked to provide assistance with the creation and maintenance of trusted computing components, such as operating system images, application templates, platform as a service infrastructure, etc.
- Provide subject matter expertise during the review of potential technologies proposed for integration with the environment.
- Document development efforts using a combination of code comments, project issue tracking, change requests, and formal documentation.
- Understand agile software design and be able to create/consume stories within a sprint structure.
- Ensure that software deployments minimally impact production workloads running in production environments. All developed components should be produced in accordance with industry best practices for high availability environments.
Location and other information:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the design and development of complex server based, client/server, service oriented, micro-service, and/or n-tiered applications.
- Active Top Secret Clearance required (Interim TS clearance may be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or similar preferred.
- Experience serving as the engineer of complex technology implementations in a web service centric environment preferred.
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g., LXC, Docker, Rocket) preferred.
- Knowledge and implementation experience with the Atlassian Suite preferred.
Min. Citizenship Status Required:
- There is no opportunity to telework or work in alternate facilities.
- No travel is anticipated.
- Hours: Monday - Friday between the hours of 6AM and 6PM, except on Federal holidays.
- Dress code: Business casual or better
US Citizen Physical Requirement(s):
Working at DMI
- The nature of the Hardware Engineer duties have some physical demands such as pulling, cabling, lifting, kneeling, crawling, etc.
- Required to lift IT equipment during installation and removal along with installing communications cabling under a raised floor
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds for short periods of
- Use cable termination equipment, test equipment, power tools (sawzall, drill, crimping tools, ) for the tasks as required for the position.
- Use tools to include wrenches, screwdrivers, and power tools
- Operate manual forklifts and data center rack lifts as required for the tasks for the
- Wear safety gear (e.g. safety shoes, goggles, glasses, hearing protection) while performing
D MI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with
a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up
your DMI wellbeing:
- Community - Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development - Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial - Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition - Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness - Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.