Title: Software Development Engineer
Location: Salem, OR (Remote- OR)
**Remote to start but expectation to be onsite at least 1 day per week is Salem, OR sometime in Q1 of 2022.
**Must be authorized to work in the US without work/visa restrictions**
Our client is seeking engineers to assist in two major new projects the first is building a new digital customer experience platform for external users, and the second is transforming a major core system. The best candidates will prioritize well-written code, a strong user experience, and collaboration on a cross-functional team to be on the ground level of this work. You'll join an Agile team of devs, QAs, and analysts that is people-focused and spends a lot of time discussing their work with each other and business partners.
- Skill in modern programming languages such as C# and Java, .NET, and web API design
- Design, write, document, and test complex programs in adherence with company software development methodology and standards. Apply structured system design methods according to company development methodology for large system projects with a high degree of complexity.
- Lead large, complex project/s utilizing project management best practices. Determine resource requirements, support the selection of project participants, identify barriers, establish objectives, prepare action plans, and target areas for implementation. Conduct follow up reviews to evaluate success.
- Team with business analysts to gather business and system process requirements. Analyze data to provide a framework of understanding for design requirements. Develop program design documents in accordance with published standards.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, revise, and test existing computer software, repairing defects to ensure programs continue to meet business partner expectations and needs.
- Research development tools and software for product evaluation and buy versus build recommendations.
- Prepare and conduct comprehensive system and load tests. Debug malfunctions and modify programs to improve performance and meet design objectives.
- Five or more years of software development and design experience demonstrating knowledge of web-based design principles and relational database management systems.
- Must have experience with .NET, C#, WebAPI.
- Must have experience with Rest API's and with multi-tiered microservices.
- A bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field.
- Other combinations of education and experience demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the work will also be considered.
Nice to Have:
Everest Consultants is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil right laws.
- Experience with Java EE 8
- Experience with Spring Boot