The Amazon Global Mile team is chartered with building solutions for international movement of shipments which can originate from any place on earth, cross the international border and be delivered in a different part of planet. There are variety of ways in which we can import shipments from vendors/sellers to our warehouses and export package from one country to another through several intermediate locations to deliver it to our international customer. There are millions of such packages, each with different attributes, delivery requirements and international commerce and customs constraints. What results is a complex set of workflows for customs clearance required as per the import/export country while crossing international borders and associated with product compliance requirements. Accounting for all these complexities and automating processes to provide frictionless shipping to customers.
We are building world class technology cutting across deep complex workflows, brand new tools that cater to multi-party business scenarios and challenging data models that are evolving very quickly. Our systems touch every single package that travels internationally which mandates building of highly available and scalable distributed systems. Besides technology, there are ample opportunities in the team to build domain expertise of international transportation and supply chain realms and get first-hand experience of the Amazon operations by interacting directly with our global internal and external partners, and of course the esteemed senior engineering talent pool.
We are looking for highly talented software development engineers who are passionate not only about architecting and developing large scale distributed technology solutions but also innovating new ideas and providing directions to our business in the domain of imports and exports logistics. We have many key initiatives lined-up to support our rapid evolution and growth of cross border transportation network by solving some of the most challenging problems in this domain.
https://youtu.be/wmjfqQj3UkA BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as TypeScript, Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Development experience on a UNIX or Linux platform
- Experience with building web service and service oriented architecture
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through its launch
- Experience in designing and building large scale distributed systems
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with both technical and non-technical customers in order to articulate technical challenges and solutions to complex problems, and understand ambiguous problems
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.