Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role:
Creators are the backbone of Twitch, and their sustainability relies on their ability to earn a living doing what they love. As a member of the Subscriptions engineering team, your main focus is to build products and features that allow creators to earn that living. You will be empowered to work across the stack and throughout the company. You will take high ownership of your services - building and operating them.
This position can be located in Seattle, WA, or San Francisco, CA.
• You work with product managers, technical leads and other engineers to develop interactive experiences
• You have a firm understanding of how to build complex distributed applications at scale. You also recognize that distributed applications have limitations, and understand how to factor those limitations in when building client-side experiences.
• You collaborate with both your team and related teams - encouraging shared understanding of how to solve common problems and find solutions
• The ability to build high-quality code, accept feedback on your code and provide feedback to others.
• Proficiency in designing data structures, data modeling and schema design
• Proficient Front-end and Back-end coding skills in modern languages and frameworks such as: Golang, GraphQL, and React.js.
• Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience with Golang, React,js and/or GraphQL
• Familiar with building software and services using AWS technologies such as DynamoDB, Elasticache, Lambda, Step Functions and EC2
• Familiarity with Twitch communities, gaming and/or streaming your own content on Twitch
• Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
• Maternity & Parental Leave
• Flexible PTO
• Amazon Employee Discount
• Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.