Software Development Engineer II
Job Title: Software Development Engineer II (Full Stack)
VISA SPONSORSHIP IS AVAILABLE FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WITHIN THIS ROLE.
Are you looking for a mid-level position where you have the flexibility to distill complex problems into best-in-class client-facing solutions? Would you like to learn and expand your experience and knowledge of modern programming languages and software?
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will become part of our client's collaborative work culture. In this role, you will gain experience 1) developing customer-focused, value-added features for our proprietary platforms, 2) ingesting and normalizing data from multiple sources, and 3) work with Python, React, Linux (Ubuntu), MySQL, and AWS (EC2, SQS, etc.).
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WIILL:
- Write clean and maintainable code that conforms to best practices; perform peer code reviews
- Investigate, explore, and employ architectural principles and approaches to deliver best-in-class products
- Collaborate and evaluate on prototyping new technologies
- Work in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment
- Work closely with local, remote, and international teams
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Associate's degree in computer science or related field of study.
- 2+ years' experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Demonstrated proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C#, and Python
- Experience using at least one relational database (MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills and excellent problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of fundamental programming concepts like object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
DESIRED QUALIFICATION (NON-ESSENTIAL)
- Bachelor s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (can be replaced with work experience)
- 5+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Experience developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
- Experience with data integrity, regression, performance testing
- Strong interest in machine learning software systems and big data software systems.
Our client wants their employees to be happy and healthy. That s why we provide an excellent suite of employee benefits:
- 16 day of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Comprehensive employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Long & Short-term Disability Insurance
- Ability to participate in a 401k program
- Flexible working hours
- Fun, casual office environment
- Regular employee outings and activities
- Fully stocked kitchen
The physical demands and work environment described in this job description are representative of those that the incumbent will encounter and is expected to meet to successfully perform the job s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the job duties, the employee is required to sit, talk, listen, use hands to type data, touch, feel, reach with hands and arms, and dial the telephone. Requirements include close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is an indoor, climate-controlled office suite comprising cubicles, walled-offices, and group conference rooms. The suite s noise level is usually low, and the suite contains no hazards. No protective devices are worn or used in the work environment. Minimal travel is required.
- Although listing responsibilities and qualifications associated with the software developer position, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees are expected to also perform other business-related duties as assigned by the supervisor or other management.
- Client reserves the right to change or reassign job responsibilities, duties, and scheduled work hours per business needs.
- This document is a communication tool and is not intended as a written or implied employment contract