GM Financial is seeking an experienced, passionate and creative Software Development evangelist/enthusiast/technologist to join our Originations software solutions team! You will play a pivotal role driving technology modernization along with value delivery for our business partners. As a Technology Leader, you will contribute in all areas of development as a member of an Agile Scrum team and have influence across multiple teams. You will bring core areas of strength, but must be adept at learning tools and languages that enable the team member to participate in all areas of product development. Being adaptable and knowledgeable in multiple domains enables the team members to swarm or fill gaps in order to meet commitments.
The SDE III establishes direction and provides guidance to other team members while consistently delivering on commitments. The SDE III engages beyond the team to accomplish objectives, influencing and collaborating with other teams within GM Financial, and working directly with organizations external to the company. The SDE III is expected to demonstrate mastery of software development practices performed by Scrum teams: Responsibilities JOB DUTIES
- Develops modern innovative multi-cloud solutions applying industry best practices and technologies
- Drives modernization and migration of current state/legacy applications to the public cloud. The SDE III understands cloud technologies and how best to employ them; and assists other team members to speed the implementation
- Acts as a custodian of product quality, technology best practices, and spearheads innovation through collaboration
- Champions automation throughout the product development including building, testing, and deploying software packages; continuously improving both the quality and speed of the pipelines
- As a technology leader, the SDE III coaches the team on holistic quality best practices including design, coding, testing, pipelines, and promotes DevSecOps practices. Acts as a mentor to help the team continually transform and adopt modern technologies and patterns
- Maintaining a customer-centric production-first mindset focused on scale, uptime, and the team's ability to rapidly triage/resolve production issues. Followed by swift analysis and continuous improvement
- Promotes Agile practice to continuously improve product quality, time to market, and team member happiness
Software Development Manager - IT Services US Qualifications Knowledge
- Software development expertise in one or more high level programming languages. The SDE III has developed language agility to move easily from one product to another. The SDE III promotes modern software development patterns and practices that promote simplicity, understanding, reuse, and security.
- Expertise optimizing the data architecture, database queries and indexes as a cornerstone for delivering scalable, performant products and services.
- Ability to implement features across mobile, web, and API service levels as applicable to the product team.
- Proficient at designing, building, and optimizing automated pipelines with automated testing and automated security controls.
- Experience working in Agile Scrum teams with demonstrated success leading improvements (getting better/faster/happier)
- Brings passion and enthusiasm to the team; leads by example.
- Champions and executes strategies across teams that deliver measurable business value.
- Demonstrates mastery of software languages, architecture, and design; is perceived by most as the expert.
- Works through others to achieve more than individual contribution
- Coaches teams to drive technology transformation and skill development
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills.
The SDE demonstrates mastery in the following technologies as required for the product being developed.
- High level programming languages: Java, C# (.NET MVC and .NET Core), Go
- Experience working in Microsoft Azure (alternatively: AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Pipeline Automation: Azure DevOps, (Nice to have: Terraform, Jenkins, Chef, Octopus Deploy)
- Code Scanning: SonarQube, Checkmarx , Blackduck, Twistlock
- Source Code repos: Git
- Containerization: Azure Kubernetes Service, Kubernetes (open source), Docker
- Enterprise Service Bus: Tibco BusinessWorks (APIs and integration workflows), IBM MQ, Azure ServiceBus
- Design practices/frameworks such as MVC, MVVM, SOLID, 12 Factor etc.
- Scripting: Powershell, Bash
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server, NoSQL (e.g. CosmosDB), Oracle
- Test Automation: Specflow, Gherkin, Cucumber, Selenium, Postman, Maven, TestNG, JMeter
- Operating systems: Windows, Linux
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work or military experience required
- 7-10 years software development experience required
- 2-3 years as a lead and/or subject matter expert preferred
- Normal office environment subject to stressful situations
- Flexible schedule with possibility of working long hours including weekends/holidays, occasional overtime may be required
- Limited travel may be required to support business needs
- 100% Remote Work Optional