Kforce has a client that is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Phoenix, AZ.
The Software Development Engineer will be developing the next generation software for machine control combining the latest design principles, robotics, and UI design. The Software Development Engineer will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software for our semiconductor manufacturing equipment, and troubleshoot and resolve computer software issues, including embedded software control systems.
Additional duties of the Software Development Engineer include:
* Responsible to manage escalation calls with field support engineers and customers at a national and global level
* Work with QA / Support team to add replicated bugs to regression
* Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
* Work together as a team including at a global level to collaborate on projects and solutions
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study with at least 4+ years of related experience; Master's degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study with at least 2+ years of related experience
* Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming language must have strong C/C++, C#, Delphi (Pascal)
* Ability to travel internationally (Asia) strongly preferred
* Related experience to include architecting software and control system
* Experience working with two or more from the following: software for machine control, Semiconductor Factory Automation (SEMI SECS/GEM), Equipment Data Acquisition (SEMI EDA / Interface A), Multi-threaded applications, real-time software, device drivers or other interrupt driven software preferred
* Able to triage mechanical, electrical and software bugs
* Ability to understand the systems "big picture" and how new functionality fits into that system
* Ability to quickly read code and understand the functionality implemented and the ability to translate the functionality into another piece of software
* Knowledge of programming tools such as text editors, debuggers, application builders and configuration management tools.
* Excellent communication skills to discuss with engineering groups to determine the true software requirements and to work well within global teams
* Comprehend software documentation including specification and design documents
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.