Healthcare is at an inflection point. Businesses are quickly evolving, and new technologies are reshaping the healthcare experience. We are R1 - a revenue cycle management company that is passionate about simplifying the patient experience, removing the paperwork hassle and demystifying financial obligations. Our success enables our healthcare clients to focus on what matters most - providing excellent clinical care.
Great people make great companies and we are looking for a great Software Development Engineer to join our team. Our approach to building software is disciplined and quality-focused with an emphasis on creativity, craftsmanship and commitment. We are looking for smart, quality-minded individuals who want to be a part of a high functioning, dynamic team. We believe in treating people fairly and your compensation should reflect that. Bring your passion for software engineering and help us disrupt ourselves as we build the next generation healthcare revenue cycle management products and platforms. Now is the right time to join R1!
We are seeking a highly experienced Software Development Engineer to join our team. The engineer will be responsible for all facets of development, at both the database level and the application code level, applying and maintaining quality standards and developing and executing test plans and procedures.
Also responsible for providing technical support in SQL database as well as application business logic code (C++, C#), including developing APIs (C++, C#) encapsulating data management, data modeling and schema development, tuning queries for optimal performance, refactoring business logic for optimal performance, implementing concurrency control to support multi-user functionality.
- Design, implement and maintain code for components of the product line
- Develop OLAP/data warehousing reports
- Effectively arbitrates and resolves technological disagreement with informed, rational debate
- Ability to work comfortably in highly varying levels of abstraction from business strategy to product strategy to high level technical design to detailed technical design to implementation.
- Ability to collaborate effectively other architects and engineers to help set direction for delivering end to end, high-performing, highly reliable, scalable and operable solutions.
- Influences development managers to insure appropriate levels of quality on owned technologies.
- Influences and communicates effectively with non-technical audiences including senior product and business management.
- Leads cross-functional product development teams
- Ensure that the components match the look and feel of the overall UI
- Propose enhancements and develop prototypes, presenting results of research to peers
- Understand system design elements, trade-offs and rationale to recommend future choices.
- Review design of proposed features & implementation of features by other engineers
- Resolve issues and implement new functionality and features
- Meet release deadlines with high quality in an application software release environment
- Serve as a project lead for assigned features
- Participate in all software release and system life cycle activities in accordance with applicable policy and procedures
- Maintain and Develop Unit Tests or other automated and Regression test suites utilizing other tools such as QTP
- Participate in testing and validation of software against established criteria
- Perform testing of the product for each release
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of software engineering experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in working effectively as a member of a team
- Successful proven experience to produce large amounts of code with high quality on time
- Proven ability to successfully manage tasks with diverse and challenging employees
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, work well independently, prioritize duties and follow projects through to completion on time
- Be well organized and be a detailed-oriented self-starter
- Proven Successful Functional Design and Analysis involving the following:
- Familiarity with formal object modeling
- C++ based software application for maximum performance
- Writing design specifications and creating associated architectures
- Performance analysis and tuning parameters
- Programming Experiences that include:
- Experience with UI design
- Experience with MS MFC development
- Experience with OLAP and reports
- Test Writing and Execution involving the following processes and tools:
- Unit Test automation experience and best practices utilizing tools such as WinRunner
- Testing for multi-threading applications
- Performance/scalability testing across multiple and single tiers
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for delivering well designed, high quality enterprise software on schedule
- Prolific learner, willing to refactor your understanding of emerging patterns, practices and processes as much as you refactor your code
- Ability to articulate and illustrate software complexities to others (both technical and non-technical audiences)
- Friendly attitude and available to mentor others, communicating what you know in an encouraging and humble way
- Continuous Learner
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package. To learn more, visit: r1rcm.com