The Engineer, Software Development in test (SDET) automates test cases, verify fixes, validate, and document completion of testing and development, find bugs, defects, and regressions. Design, implement, execute, and debug information technology test cases and scripts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and test software modules using scientific analysis and mathematical models in alignment with customer outcome requirements using applicable programming tools and languages to code, test, and debug software.
· Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
· Enhances and repair functionality of existing applications and participate in extensive unit test code coverage.
· Provides regular updates with respect to progress on tasks and projects. Perform root cause analysis of complex issues.
· Provides end user support as needed to resolve production issues. Provides on-call coverage and/or on-site support during peak election periods.
· Documents, tracks, and communicates software test plans, test results, analyses, and unresolved problems.
· This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree (Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems) preferred
Experience: 5 years’ experience including:
· Related work experience with Integrated Development Environment applicable to company targeted projects
· Experience in programming techniques and practices applicable to company targeted projects
· Experience with Agile software development methodology
· Experience with common data structures and algorithms
· Experience with and ability to apply Object Oriented Analysis and/or Structured Analysis
· Experience in unit testing and testing environment tools.
· Experience with use and administration of source code repositories
· Ability to collaborate with a multifunctional team
· Ability to analyze problems and design, implement and test appropriate solutions to problems
· Ability to document and communicate technical information for consumption by managers and associates