Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We're building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It's time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It's time you were a part of something bigger.
We're expanding our workforce - engineers, architects, developers and more - onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you're ready for high-impact, you're ready for CDK.Position Summary:
CDK Global's Flex engineering team is looking for talented engineers with a passion for their craft to join our growing team. This is a unique role which will have a material impact on the success and quality of a new software product with enormous growth potential. Flex is highly visible within the organization and provides excellent growth and development opportunities. If you like fast-paced environments, engineering challenges, participating in key engineering decisions, and want to leave your personal mark on a software product, the Flex team is right for you.
The Flex engineering team works on innovative new software that is used by car dealers to manage their operations, take care of their customers, and interact with the manufacturers. We are building our new software on the foundation of our rich automotive industry knowledge, experience, and current market presence. If you recently ordered a Ferrari, or a Ford, you likely have used at least one of our products!
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) you will help to create the next generation of enterprise-class software solutions at CDK! If you have worked on bringing a large software product to market, or have a desire to gain this experience, this role might be perfect for you.Responsibilities:
- Partner with engineering teams to review requirements, build automation, and teach engineers how to maintain tests
- Devise the comprehensive test strategy for a new product and ensure it is executed across multiple teams
- Monitor tests and report/resolve failures
- Work with manual QA to automate repetitive and critical test cases (automation test suite)
- Research new tools and techniques to improve quality
- Provide quality reports with recommendations for improvement
- 4+ years of End-to-End Automated testing experience with a variety of frameworks (BDD/Cucumber or Robot Framework or TestNG preferred)
- Should be able to code automation scripts for various QA activities (Integration scripts between CI/CD tool and Test management tool)
- Focus on automated processes (Test reports, Test traceability)
- Experience with source control (Git, GitHub Flow)
- Experience in Web applications, Web services, back-end white-box testing
- Good-to-have: Database and mobile device test experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in IT, computer science or related field is preferred, with a minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience in one of these fields (work experience may be used to in place of degree)
- An ongoing thirst for new knowledge and ideas, and a passion for software engineering as a QA Automation Engineer
- Experience working with distributed teams (Both off-shore and off-site)
- Creative problem-solving, proficient debugging and profiling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.