We are looking for a talented Software Developer in Test to join Sales and Service Technology Team to build customer faced interactive web applications. You must see yourself as high energy and be someone who seeks out engagement with team members. You must be able to coach others as well as be open to receiving coaching. Schwab is a highly collaborative environment, so working well with others is a must. You'll be a part of Schwab's Sales and Service Technology Team: a group of thought leaders responsible for transforming the way we do business. If you consider yourself a change agent, enjoy leading edge technologies, fast-paced environments and thrive under ambiguity then we want to talk to you! What you are good at
What you have
- Implement test practices, standards and processes, troubleshoot test issues, record test results, track and prioritize defects, participate in product readiness and release decisions
- Establish fact-based measures of test efficiency, effectiveness and product readiness
- Responsible for estimating, coordinating and directing testing for multiple products/projects
- Software quality assurance on highly complex and/or multiple projects, including manual test case execution, defect tracking, test plan/test case creation and management, and requirements analysis is required
- Be an advocate and leader for Test Automation of every part of the software delivery lifecycle
- Drive continuous integration and deployment strategies with a DevOps philosophy using Atlassian stack
- Conducts systems set-up, and maintains test environments (varies by product)
- Set and communicate automation strategies and processes for web services, APIs, middleware, UI etc., evaluate and implement software test automation tools and tooling standards
- Build automation frameworks to increase reuse and reduce effort
- Increase automation cycle execution run times and decrease manual analysis of results
- Keep automation current, flexible and designed to work within a continuous integration / deployment framework
- Develop methods and procedures to create automation test data and data refresh capabilities
- Participates in code reviews and communicates with software engineers and software engineers in test to ensure test coverage based on their code changes
- Assist developers with Robust unit/component/ commit/ build and deploy/CI/CD test automation as needed
- Recommend meaningful and automated dynamic reports and metrics that measure the success of automation efficiency and quality, and provide action items for continuous improvements
- Interact with various levels of individual contributors and management to educate and influence
- Collaborate with Automation experts to plan, design, manage, report and prioritize software test automation solutions along with Dev and QA engineers across the organization
- Implement and lead Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment strategies
- Maintain tools used in the Automation development including source control, test management and release systems
- Influence, develop and execute QA process and testing best practices
- Use TDD/BDD/ATDD using Gherkin/Cucumber
- Understands tools and their ROI
- Constantly streamlining CICD pipeline and processes to decrease Delivery Lead Time
Colorado CompensationTarget Total Compensation - $95,700 - $175,500Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.Why work for us?
- 7+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in development, execution and maintenance of automated test scripts
- Prior Technical lead experience providing mentoring, code review, design support, etc.
- Hands-on coding experience in Ruby or Java or C# or any other Object-oriented programming language
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver
- Experience with UFT
- Experience with Agile Development Practices
- Good understanding of exploratory testing practices
- Good knowledge of new standard industry tools for logging bugs and managing test cases (ex. JIRA, Zephyr)
- Hands-on experience with Web services virtualization
- Ability to perform Code Reviews
- Experience with scoping, sizing and overseeing multiple concurrent projects, assessing the appropriate level of risk-based testing, reviewing team deliverables and being the single point of contact for stakeholders
- Proven ability of working and leading multiple projects and releases, balancing time and effort for successful delivery
- Proven experience as a leader/trainer in a large, complex QA organization, with a demonstrated ability in leading a risk-based approach to software testing
- Proven experience driving innovative testing solutions within a complex, Enterprise Platform
- Behavior Driven Development (BDD) using the Gherkin language like Cucumber, JBehave, SpecFlow
- Understanding of CI/CD practices, lean methodologies
- Experience with Bamboo /Bitbucket stack and distributed computing highly desire
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.