The successful candidate will be experienced in designing scalable and maintainable test automation along with developing an automation framework when needed. This individual will understand large-volume data processing systems and the testing strategies required to test them. This individual will work closely with the Development Lead, QA team, and Architect to understand the architecture of the application to best devise how to build reliable, maintainable automated tests.
The candidate must be passionate about quality and be an advocate of TDD philosophies as well as assist in creating a high-quality culture across the organization. Finally, the ideal candidate will have the technical skills and knowledge to work very closely with developers to suggest better ways to implement code coverage quality.What you are good at
What you have
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks and building test scenarios and acceptance tests
- Understand our applications from both technical and business perspectives
- Design and maintain an automation framework supporting multiple applications across the Advisor Services Data Delivery (ASDD) platform
- Work with the development team to understand the application architecture to access risk and integration points in order to develop good test cases
- Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes
- Support multiple mid-sized projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional development and QA teams
- Develop CI/CD Pipelines for execution of test automation
- BS Degree in Computer Science or a related field with 1-3 years of experience in Test Automation frameworks in Agile
- Strong understanding of proper automation coverage (unit, functional, regression)
- Programming knowledge and experience in Object Oriented languages (Java or C#)
- Experience with Atlassian Tools (Bitbucket, Jira, Zephyr, Bamboo)
- Experience in an Agile work environment
- Team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) to technically communicate with Application Architects, Development, QA peers, and Business partners
- Must be a critical thinker, solutions-oriented with strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to effectively interact and collaborate with all types of stakeholders, both technical and business, peers, and management
Why work for us?
- Experience in ETL and data validation for comprehensive end-to-end testing, including functional, integration, performance, and security testing
- Experience with TDD and CI/CD practices
- Experience with Cloud Computing technologies (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- SQL and relational database experience
- Financial industry experience
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.