Eliassen Group is currently assisting a high profile software security client in Herndon VA with finding an experienced Performance Test Engineer. This Engineer needs to have coding experience to automate the performance testing of APIs. Jmeter is the preferred tool of choice but if you are proficient in another performance automation tool, that is acceptable as well. You will be joining an exciting team delivering security application products that support a variety of government and commercial clients. They heavily invest in developing new R&D projects that could eventually turn into future security products.
This is a not a teleworking position and due to government clearance requirements, only US Citizens with clearance eligibility will be considered. For our w2 consultants, we offer a great benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with teams across the company to refine API testing practices and test environment architecture
- Experience in automating code and configuration deployment within the test environments.
- Automate performance and load test scripts / scenarios
- Record and store performance data over time for use in trending, troubleshooting, and forecasting.
- Develop models for performance testing based on logs of software activity.
- Work with development teams to resolve issues
- Educate development teams in ways to improve application performance
- Bachelor-s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with test automation tools, preferably Postman and Jmeter
- Ability to identify / resolve system bottlenecks
- Ability to identify potential limitations in software architectures
- Understanding of throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization and the analysis of performance bottlenecks
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge programming REST API web service scripts
- Experience with VMware VDI solutions a plus
- Very strong organization, multitasking, communication, and documentation skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and communication skills
Job ID: 315222
Keywords: Senior Performance Test Engineer, JMeter, Java, API, Linux About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients- innovation and business results. Leveraging over 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don-t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check !