Software Development Engineer in Test
Be a part of our success story. Launch offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to do the best work of their lives in a dynamic and growing company. Through competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, internal advancement opportunities, and recognized community involvement, you'll have the chance to create a career you can be proud of. Your new trajectory starts here at Launch.
We’re in need of an SDET that will represent test in production and development teams while architecting and implementing scalable test automation infrastructures, test fixtures, and harnesses that will be used across multiple teams in the organization. It is imperative that as the SDET in this role you are able to develop test automation from scratch. Strong code writing skills in object-oriented languages such as C# and Java are also required.
- Take ownership and knowledge of what is going on in the service
- Investigate defects including what is failing and where is it failing
- Design and maintain automated tests that provide functional, regression, and integration test coverage for applications and services
- Research emerging test tools, trends, and methodologies and enhance existing systems and processes
- Ensure new engineering projects are testable
- Develop reporting tools and test metrics
- Document software defects and determine root cause analysis for issues
- Address multiple testing concerns such as functionality, performance, security, accessibility, and localization
- Architect and implement scalable test automation infrastructures, test fixtures, and harnesses that will be utilized across multiple test and development teams
- Represent test in product and development teams
- Ability to develop test automation from scratch and strong knowledge of unit, integration, and performance testing applicable to APIs at the service level
- Strong code writing skills in one or more Object Oriented programming languages: C# or Java
- Knowledge of Node.js
- Experience with algorithms and data structures
- Background in backend API-level testing and performance testing processes and tools
- Proven track record of test planning and test metrics generation for web applications and services
- Hands-on experience with one or more relational databases
- Strives to implement Agile Testing Quadrants
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- eCommerce experience is a huge plus
- JMeter experience also a huge plus
We are Navigators in the Age of Transformation.
We use sophisticated technology to transform clients to the digital age, but our positive impact on the human experience is our top priority. We ease anxiety and fear around digital transformation and replace it with opportunity.
Qualified applicants, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, resume, and a brief description of how your skills match the requirements above. Please refer to job #2370
Launch Consulting is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.