Job ID: 2116437 Location:
STERLING , VA , US Date Posted:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public TrustPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is looking for a Software Tester to join our Land Border Integration team in Sterling, VA to begin an exciting career with SAIC. You will have a fast moving, challenging, and highly rewarding position keeping the infrastructure running that helps Customs and Border Protection keep our borders safe.
Note: This role offers limited, temporary work from home/ remote/ virtual work at home due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site in government facilities in Sterling, VA.
This resource will be a dedicated and active member of the team, assisting in the creation and refinement of test cases based on user stories, with particular emphasis on creation of test cases from acceptance criteria and manually testing the application to ensure the acceptance criteria was met. The individual must be familiar and comfortable working in a team-based agile environment. Strong communication skills are required to communicate with team members, other OIT resources, stakeholders, and end users. Understanding the application and writing effective Test Cases, and work with the Test Lead to coordinate test activities with the project team. The individual will be responsible for all aspects of testing and Quality Assurance through the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation.
This resource will begin with the creation and refinement of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) scripts and test cases based on user stories. As an Automation Tester, the candidate needs to be able to use and build cutting edge testing tools with agile processes to plan and conduct functional and acceptance testing of software products. Work as a part of an agile team using a number of test frameworks and methods to provide the best possible experience to produce quality driven products. Qualifications Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years' experience
- The resource must have 5 years of experience in IT, with 2-5 years in QA/Manual Software testing.
- Experience developing scripts that supports users to perform end to end transactions
- Collaborate closely with project teams and stakeholders to correctly identify issues
- Understand and help define acceptance criteria, utilizing that information to write test requirements. Apply that research and knowledge in the development and implementation of test plans.
- Organize and carry out functional and non-functional testing within an iterative development methodology.
- Create, review, and maintain robust automated regression and data-driven tests utilizing the Apache POI framework
- Contribute to the company and our culture
- Automate testing using Java, Selenium WebDriver & TestNG
- Strong understanding of the Page Object Model (POM) for test automation
- Engineer tests to verify and validate performance
- Write and/or review unit or API tests
- Must be able to obtain a US Customs Public Trust Clearance and U.S. Citizenship is required
- 2-5 years Quality Assurance/Manual Software Testing or development experience, working in an agile or lean environment
- Experience using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG or other automated testing frameworks
- Ability to execute and create automated and manual test plans
- Ability to maintain and configure testing environments with Selenium Grid
- Experience in Java based languages
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems across distributed teams
- Know how to test interfaces and integrated systems
- Desire to improve testing process through constant evaluation and analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in automated testing on browser based applications
- Perfection in continuous integration and the underling tools, such as Jenkins
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.