Have you ever wondered how Amazon EC2 works? Do you want to be part of the team that helps deliver the next generation web-scale infrastructure services that enables companies of all sizes, ranging from start-ups to large enterprises run complex workloads on EC2?
AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Enterprise Foundation team is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead a team of passionate, talented, and inventive software engineers focused on building complex enterprise workload deployment automation powered by the AWS Launch Wizard platform. Imagine building out an entire environment purpose built for a specific enterprise workload with the simplicity of a wizard like interface. Many of these have already been built including Microsoft SQL Server Always On, HANA based SAP, and Microsoft AD. But we are not stopping there! We are expanding to even more complex environments that will help make AWS the best place to run enterprise class workloads. This will radically simplify the provisioning process for our customers and allow them to migrate to AWS faster with a higher confidence in the end solution.
We are looking for a leader who is passionate about growing team members, creating other leaders, working in modern cloud-based technologies, and has experience with distributed enterprise systems to help drive technical designs and solutions. In this role you will work closely with senior technical leaders within the team and across AWS. You will coordinate feature releases while ensuring they match functional and quality requirements. You'll drive a culture that values operational and engineering excellence, security, customer focus, and continuous improvement. If you are passionate about building solutions that make it easier to deploy enterprise workloads on AWS then this is the opportunity you are looking for.
We have a culture of ownership, working as a team to solve challenges for our customers and ourselves. We know how to have a good time, we celebrate our successes, we are innovators, we challenge mediocrity, consistently raising the bar for ourselves.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work / Life Balance
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life - both in and outside of work.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every 2 months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship / Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentor-ship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
• Lead and manage a team of Software Engineers, fostering career growth, maintain a culture focused on the growth mindset.
• Have end to end ownership of Product(s) and Service(s).
• Manage new Projects/Features and Operations across your team's software.
• Interface with your customers and stakeholders to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
• Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver value to customers.
• Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of software development experience as a manager
• A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
• A passion for people management and mentoring
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.