Job Title: Manager, (UI) Software Engineering, Applications and Software Development
This is a leadership role responsible for managing and coordinating resources and processes needed to deliver .NET-based software solutions for the IT development team. This individual will have hands on involvement in design, development and testing of new software projects as well as responsibility for general maintenance and troubleshooting activities for IT/Data Engineering and Application Development production systems and interfaces.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Work with development team and business analysts to plan and execute projects, ensuring that teams have appropriate requirements, technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver solutions effectively and timely.
- Establish realistic timeline estimates while ensuring projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
- Manage development resources and execute on multiple projects simultaneously with distributed teams.
- Help developers resolve technical problems as well as work with department heads to solve business related issues.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead team members to optimum performance levels and career development.
- Perform standard software development tasks associated with the design and development of new applications or maintenance of existing applications using Microsoft .NET and C# as the primary development language.
- Perform system database design as well as modifications necessary to correct database defects.
- Test and validate functionality within and between applications, which could include integration, performance, and/or systems testing.
- Maintain availability for after-hours production support on an as-needed basis.
- Provide recommendations for improving processes and procedures, and function as an escalation point and/or training resource for development team.
- Ensure applications meet design specifications, adhere to standard coding practices and function per the requirements specification.
- Participate in application documentation, training and deployment efforts.
- Participate in selection of tools, technology platforms & technical evaluation of 3rd party vendor products.
- Communicate with department management, project managers, team members and business groups on issues and the status of work planned and completed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven leadership and architecture experience building and managing highly available, critical and transactional data environments, systems architectures and technologies.
- Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations. Keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from an operational and technical perspective. Ability to work independently and engage manager as needed.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Firm understanding of application development methodologies and object oriented principles.
- Must be able to manage changes to requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Ability to participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents.
- Strong leadership, project management, time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor s degree in computer science or equivalent certification or experience
- 8+ years of application development and integration experience using .NET technologies (C#.NET, ASP.NET, WCF, Web Services)
- 6+ years of experience managing .NET development teams
- Experience with Microsoft .NET Framework (4.x) and Visual Studio 2015
- Experience with SQL Server 2008/2012 including TSQL and stored procedures
- Experience with unit testing and test driven development
- Cable billing system knowledge a big plus
- Proven leadership and architecture experience building and managing highly available, critical and transactional data environments, systems architectures and technologies
- Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations
- Keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from an operational and technical perspective and the ability to work independently and engage manager as needed
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Firm understanding of application development methodologies and object oriented principles
- Must be able to manage changes to requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools
- Ability to participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents
- Strong leadership, project management, time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
Fundamental knowledge of standard desktop business applications and tools.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- regularly required to talk and hear
- required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
- required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
- required to use close vision and be able to focus
- some travel may be required