Job Title: Software Development Lead - MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
Location: Washington, DC
Type of Employment: Full Time
Salary: DOE + full benefits
Clearance Type: Active Secret
MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
The Software Development lead role is a supervisory position that functions as the primary focal point for all software development activities in the program, and is the primary interface to the client and/or project sponsor.
What You’ll Do:
As a Software Development Lead, you will lead a highly motivated team developing and supporting a variety of products.
- Lead the team to define, architect, design and deliver platform software and features.
- Contribute to the development of functional and technical specifications and the product roadmap.
- Collaborate with product owners, architects and the executive team in defining and prioritizing work for the team.
- Mentor engineers and provide guidance and architectural direction.
- Ensure that project commitments of the Application Development Team are met
- Collaborate with the customer to ensure vision and tasks are in alignment with customer goals and objectives.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of functional and system owner’s requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web and desktop-based business applications built on COTS and GOTS technologies.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases, providing third-level support
- Work with teammates in the migration of legacy applications to current COTS and GOTS technologies.
The software development lead is responsible for:
- Leading the planning and implementation of software development activities across the program.
- Facilitates the definition of project requirements, goals, and decomposes the project and/or activity into milestones, events, tasks and subtasks including resources required to perform all work.
- Develops project timelines and schedules.
- Evaluates, identifies and manages project risks.
- Monitors and reports on project progress and status, both internally and externally to the client/project sponsor.
- Tracks and follows up on action items and escalates issues as needed.
- Manages project scope, timeline/schedule, budget execution and resource allocation through each stage gate to completion, and subsequent delivery and sign-off.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- BA/BS in a technical field of study or equivalent years of experience
- 10+ year of experience developing software and leading software development teams using various SDLC methodology; e.g. waterfall, agile, incremental, or spiral.
- Experience developing commercial SaaS products
- Experience developing software services that use MS Azure or AWS Cloud platforms
- Must have a solid understanding of software frameworks and architectures
- Prior experience as a developer/architect is a plus
- Prior experience with DOD, DHS, DOS, DOJ is a plus
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
Tsymmetry does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.