Please, no third parties.
Although this position is fully remote, it will be onsite after COVID, so Southern California candidates are preferred.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee a team of developers responsible for the design, development, implementation, and support of enterprise .NET web applications in a collaborative Agile/Scrum environment.
- Lead the team with an emphasis on usability, performance, and scalability.
- Architect enterprise solutions by studying existing technology architecture, writing technical requirements, analyzing browser compatibility techniques, evaluating solution alternatives, & developing prototypes.
- Mentor, delegate tasks, and motivate a team of talented software developers, QA analysts and DBA resources.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of technology and instill the principles of this culture into team.
- Manage and monitor software deployments in a DevOps configuration.
- Collaborate with senior team members to plan and execute projects.
- Ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products.
- Effectively establish realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
- Establish and enhance development policies, procedures, and standards and enforces their implementation.
- Help team members resolve employment issues and requests including schedule management, time-off requests, and conflict resolution.
- Monitor developer performance, establish plans for improvement when necessary, & conduct annual reviews in conjunction with management.
- Maintain technical knowledge and understanding of the latest development methodologies and best practices by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
Skills & Requirements:
- 8+ years of experience developing .NET web applications and 4+ years working in a management/leadership capacity on software development teams.
- Strong experience analyzing business requirements, recommending technical solutions, and writing technical specifications.
- 2+ years of experience working in formal Agile environments.
- Proven ability to analyze business needs and conceive, design, and develop innovative solutions.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- The highest-level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
tags: software development manager, software engineering manager, application development manager, manager, software development, manager, software engineering, manager, application development, manager of software development, manager of software engineering, manage of application development