Join us in building on AWS, for AWS!
The AWS Worldwide Revenue Operations (WWRO) team is looking for a passionate, innovative, results-oriented leader to own software systems, products, and tools. Our solutions enable users to obsess over customers and make proactive, data-driven recommendations and plans that position AWS as a strategic business partner in addition to a world-class cloud computing provider.
We are looking for an individual that thrives by creating high-bar engineering cultures, giving customers business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable, and using the intersection of software and data to give their customers "superpowers."
In this role, you will:
- Engage with systems that are at the cutting edge of technology, pioneering new methods and approaches to delivering software, serving customers, and enabling large, distributed, worldwide sales teams.
- Design systems and solutions that enable business users to operate more effectively, intelligently, and efficiently
- Manage a team of engineers and work closely with technical product/program managers to define, build, drive and measure mechanisms to enable our field sales teams.
- Work directly with product teams and business leaders identify opportunities to improve WWRO's products, tools, data, analytics, and reporting offerings
- Leverage strong communication skills and a passion for using data and software to drive business decisions at scale
We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members and management alike to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. Beyond a strong engineering, data storage/modeling, visualization, and front-end background, a successful candidate will have experience successfully leading teams, developing people, and building a scalable infrastructure. We are looking for someone that is a self-starter, someone that approaches complex business questions with data and curiosity, and a person that dives below the surface to identify the root cause and "so what" rather than just superficial trends. Someone who is capable of learning as well as teaching and mentoring others across the org at all levels and disciplines.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 7+ years industry experience
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• 3+ years experience leading Software Development teams or equivalent experience
• Working knowledge of software development methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or equivalent PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Advanced/Master's degree in or Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
• Experience leading large-scale engineering projects, including using AWS technologies.
. Salesforce CRM knowledge
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Age/ Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role