The Software Development Manager works closely with cross-functional product teams to identify and execute high-impact initiatives that help achieve revenue goals. This role manages a team of software developers and owns all phases of the development lifecycle from collecting business requirements, design, development, deployment, and support.
- Establish trusting and collaborative relationships within the cross-functional product teams that enhance strategic initiatives with internal and external partners.
- Become familiar with product vision, business strategy and understand the rhythm of the business, organization and performance measures
- Management of High Availability web sites, APIS, services and cloud platform
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management and non-technical leaders
- Organize and prioritize technical projects on quarterly and annual roadmaps
- Engage with engineers & stakeholders to solve problems with broad impact (from group-wide to company-wide impact)
- Responsible for the systems development life cycle that promotes development and innovation over procedure, not be agile but programming with agility
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach for projects
- Management of departmental budgets, resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a strong engineering team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage multiple business priorities while still holding quality paramount
- 10+ years of industry experience designing, building, and shipping software
- 5+ years leadership experience with software development teams
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, break down high level iterations into product value iterations and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Ability to adjust gracefully to changing situations, keeping team aligned and focused
- Has high standards and expects innovation from the team
- Experience with cloud technologies and migrating platforms to the cloud
- Experience with system design, architecture and open-source technologies
- Experience delivering large, cross-functional, projects
- Excellent ability to communicate requirements, features, status, challenges, risks, etc.
- Must have the ability to analyze a situation for potential future problems.
- Ability to support a 24x7x365 environment, if needed