The role of the Software Development Manager is to plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of projects and technology initiatives. This role is also responsible for fulfilling resource requirements for projects, in conjunction with cross-functional leaders. This role is a member of the Development team and reports directly to the Development, Director or VP or CIO and EVP, Technology. CNSI supports a high-volume healthcare data system that is accessed through multiple web portals.
What you will do:
• Provide day-to-day management and supervision of Development team and work independent of supervision from senior management.
• Manage the development process across multiple projects, applications, and programs.
• Manage application and program development, development processes, and people to ensure that the project and corporate goals are met.
• Manage and plan deployment of development resources, plans and schedules releases, and train and cross-train other members of the team.
• Responsible for managing development projects, development iterations, and quality control on the assigned project.
• Support technology, functional, and management teams to make product and solution decisions by collaborating with cross-functional subject matter experts and Architecture team.
• Applies communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide the Development team on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of solutions and software systems.
• Enforce use of coding standards and best practices.
• Ensure a strong customer service focus across the application and program development function.
• Sets attainable goals for team members to meet client and project commitments.
Who you are:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree with 8 – 10 years of software development experience (Preferred Majors: Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or a closely related field).
• 3+ years of management and development leadership experience at large complex organizations, including leading centralized or matrixed teams.
• Experience as a people manager.
• Experience with SDLC and STLC.
• Experience in the healthcare industry.
• Understanding of SharePoint applications, WebEx, Skype, etc.
• Knowledge/past working experience of:
o Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio, Project with a working knowledge of the rest of the Microsoft Office suite of applications
o Databases, including but not limited to, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata
o Environment - Linux/Unix, Windows
o Frameworks - JSF/RichFaces, Hibernate/JPA, Seam, jQuery, Junit, Bootstrap, Swing, Struts
o COTS - COGNOS, IBM Watson Analytics, Crystal Reports, CRM tools - SIEBEL, Salesforce, IVR - AVAYA, inContact, Oracle E-Business Suite, Document Management Tools, DataStage, PEGA, Oracle SOA, DOC1, and EDIFECS (EDI)
o Object-Oriented Design, Functional Design, High-Availability, Transaction Management
• Good experience managing applications with continuous integration tools (such as Jenkins, GitLab, Maven, Sonar).
We are proud to be a partner to the public sector, a trail blazer in health IT and a passionate advocate for better health, better care and lower costs for millions of Americans. Innovation is core to our DNA and through our iCare program we invest in the well-being of our employees and the communities in which we live and work. You will be offered a solid compensation package which includes:
• Annual and Other Paid Leave
• Medical/Dental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plan
• Disability Insurance (Short & Long Term)
• Life Insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• College Savings Plan
• Tuition & Training Assistance
• Paid Holidays
• Employee Referral Program
CNSI maintains a policy supporting equal employment opportunity. Employment decisions at CNSI are made without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic status, family responsibilities, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable Federal, state, or local law. We are proud of our diversity and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.