What You'll Do
- As a Manager of Software Development, you will lead a highly motivated team developing platform software for industry leading network security products.
- Lead the team to define, architect, design, and deliver platform software and features.
- Contribute to functional specifications and product roadmap
- Collaborate with product owners, architects and executive team in defining and prioritizing work for the team.
- Mentor engineers & provide guidance and architectural direction to junior members of the team.
- Sustain a large install base and work with engineering escalations to quickly resolve customer issues.
Who You'll Work With
You will lead a team that is passionate about developing leading edge security products. You will work closely with the hardware team to provide software support for new hardware platforms.
Who You Are
- You are a seasoned leader with excellent technical skills.
- Have a deep understanding of embedded software engineering, including Linux kernel and hardware device drivers.
- You work well independently and with a globally dispersed team
- Agile development experience is a plus
- Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 10 plus years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 12 plus years related experience
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
#We Are Cisco