About the role:
We are seeking a Software Development manager to join a growing global company and innovation leader in the animal healthcare industry. The Diagnostic Imaging Development team is focused on building & supporting imaging-related solutions that provide our Veterinary customers with:
To Be Successful in this role
- The ability to capture images with many types of digital imaging equipment
- The ability to order, store, view, annotate, and share those images in/via the cloud
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning to simplify and speedup workflow
- Easy and fast image reading for internal and external radiologists
, you will be able to do whatever it takes to help the developers get their jobs done efficiently, successfully, and happily.
You will be able to handle a mix of technical and people leadership responsibilities under the overall direction of the Senior Development Manager for the Digital Imaging platform. You will be as comfortable coaching and mentoring team members as you are committing code for major new features.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills that help you coordinate the work of your team of developers alongside designers, product managers and QA testers on the Diagnostic Imaging team.
You will have a solid technical background in customer facing software development with a strong emphasis on the full web application stack and a solid understanding of technologies from the database to the presentation tier. You will be willing to continuously learn new things to keep up with the latest technologies. You-ll be responsible for:
What do you need to succeed?
- Driving the software development effort using Agile processes and working closely with our Scrum Master in pursuit of high quality, scalable, cloud-based releases.
- Managing, leading, and mentoring a Software Development team consisting of 6-10 developers who range from entry level to expert. This includes engaging in the personal development and educational enrichment of team members.
- Providing the necessary technical leadership experience to lead by example and demonstrate ownership and accountability for the entire team.
- Partnering closely with our commercial organization to define and refine work for the team including guiding developers, testers, and analysts into breaking that work out into epics and stories.
- Working collaboratively with other teams within the organization to define and develop integrations.
- Bachelor-s degree in Computer Science, a related area, or equivalent experience.
- Ideally 5+ years- experience managing a software engineering team, have exceptional management skills and be diligent about leveraging processes and tools.
- Experience planning, designing, developing and delivering software in an Agile environment.
- Strong organizational skills and experience prioritizing ongoing work requests
- Experience working with AWS Platform
- Experience with Web UI Technologies such as Angular, HTML and CSS
- Experience with Java
- Experience transforming business requirements into elegant designs and clean, unit tested code
- Experience working on a cross functional Agile Scrum team
- Experience with CI build tools such as Jenkins a plus