Description Job Description:
We're looking for an experienced Software Project Manager to lead our talented and dedicated software development teams.
Leidos isn't just one of the country's leading providers of information technology and scientific solutions - we're a family of smart, hard-working professionals dedicated to making a difference. By producing solutions for the Defense, Health, Civil and Intelligence industries, we are contributing to sustaining and improving our quality of life.
A truly cross-functional role, the successful candidate will implement and oversee the development of new system features, system modernization and production support. Based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, 15-20 people will look to you for feature development priorities, daily problem solving, and personalized mentorship. The job is challenging, but rewarding: you'll be expected to measurably increase feature delivery, improve customer satisfaction, and boost our reputation.
This role can be the launch pad of your management career. You'll be expected to continually develop and master new skills, and with the help of our training program, many project managers rise to become program managers and executive leaders within the Leidos Corporation. The job comes with a starting salary range of $90,000 - $120,000 and generous perks and benefits, including health insurance, 401K, vacations, holidays, and employee wellness programs. Responsibilities
- Lead 15-20 experienced software developers, analysts, quality assurance, and database administrators, ensuring they meet their performance goals
- Approve feature designs and manage development to ensure the maximum delivery of value to users
- Lead continuous process improvement efforts to increase team capabilities to consistently delivery software changes and improve quality
- Develop and execute new strategies to succeed in an environment of rapidly changing user and regulatory requirements
- Ensure cross team communications between development, training, implementation, data conversion, quality assurance, information assurance, and account management teams
- Communicate and collaborate with program leaders, program sponsors, system users, and other stakeholders to manage requirements for project deliverables
- Communicate with program leaders on project status updates, process improvements, and resource requirements
- At the end of your first year, success would mean increasing feature delivery by 10%, reducing production defects by 5%, and improving our customer satisfaction by 10%
- 5 years of software industry experience including 2 years managing software development projects
- Bachelor's degree in business, technology, or science
- Ability to obtain a Secret government clearance
- Proven track record of developing software applications using Agile methods
- Experience with developing systems to meet stringent security, accounting, and configuration management audit requirements
- Experience with employing change management techniques to enable continuous improvement of system capabilities and organizational processes
- Experience with system modernization projects using microservice and cloud technologies
- Proven problem solving skills
- Superior communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Azure DevOps version control software