In this position you will lead a team of Software Engineers who are engaged in a large scale effort to design, develop, implement, and support applications in the insurance space. You will be responsible for the implementation of robust internet business applications. You will be expected to maintain awareness of internet trends, technologies and best practices. You must be adept at problem solving, workflow analysis, interpersonal relations, and have excellent oral/written communications skills. You must have the ability to direct others while promoting a spirit of partnership and collegiality across administrative and functional areas of the company.
- Provide strong technical leadership and lead a team of dynamic software developers to build and maintain customer facing applications.
- Contribute to technical architecture decisions and lead efforts to build and maintain a highly scalable software platform.
- Seek opportunities to continuously improve quality and development processes.
- Recruit top talent to grow the team capacity.
- Provide estimates and initial assessment for proposed development tasks.
- Track and report progress of the project against key milestones.
- Plan releases and schedule development.
- Balance resources with task assignments.
- Ensure on-time and high quality delivery of the project.
- Coordinate projects that span multiple teams.
- Assist direct reports with career growth and personal development.
- Keep stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle.
- More than 10 years’ experience building commercial software.
- More than 3 years relevant experience leading engineering teams.
- Experience with Java/J2EE, Spring and Java-based Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Wider knowledge across Web and Development technologies, including but not limited to JQuery, XML, RESTful Services, JSON, JBoss, Maven, Docker, Veracode etc.
- Ability to maintain resource allocation, timely communications and meeting deadlines for high profile projects.
- Demonstrated success in working with team members, including senior architects, analysts, and project managers, to design and estimate system implementation timelines and costs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in insurance industry, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Java Certifications (developer, web component, architect) is preferred.
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry.
The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 1,600 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of "A-/Excellent".