Title: Sr. Data Engineer
Location: Miami, FL
Work Requirements: Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply., GC Holders or GC-EAD
This role is not open to third party vendors.
Note: This is an onsite position, candidate must be either local or be able to relocate to Miami, FL. Due to Corona-virus the role will be remote until things open open up.
Sr. Data Engineer
The Senior Data Engineer helps architect modern IT solutions to Our client’s businesses in an agile DevOps environment, on Azure cloud. The Senior Data Engineer will design and develop data models for Our client’s business applications. The Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for supporting Data related technologies such as databases, ETL, APIs, Integrations from various systems, and Azure Data Factory Pipelines. The Senior Data Engineer will work in tandem with Business Analysts, Project Managers, Scrum Master and will provide guidance to the Off-shore team, enhancing the value of Our client’s Information Exchange framework..
- Architect IT implementation for Our client’s business lines
o Design, build and rollout the solutions
o Database design and stored procedure development
- Plan and Participate in Agile/Scrum/Sprint meetings
- Orchestrate the flow of information between various 3rd party systems and Our client’s own BI platform in Azure
- Enhance the BI/Data platform to provide more actionable insights to the business (“the right data at the right time in the right format” principle)
- Follow ITIL principles and work on creating a service catalog to cater to business needs
- Plan and execute on effective use of data including integrations from various vendors such as Yardi, Argus, Investran, Integrity, Concur
- Use APIs to move data around between various systems
- Create, Maintain and Modify Azure Data Factory Pipelines to satisfy business needs
- Migrate Azure Data Factory V1 to V2; Migrate U-SQL to Data Flows
- Improve Reliability, Availability and Serviceability of Data stores and processes
- Automate manual processes for file exchanges between important business systems
- Analyze business processes and create reconciliation and exception reports in Power BI
- Review and refine policies related to Data Quality, Data Governance, MDM
- Aid in future plans for AI/ML/RPA/Data Science
- Educational level typically acquired through completion of high school and five years of experience as an SQL Developer/DBA/BI Developer, or expertise in Azure Data Lake (store and analytics) and Azure Data Factory may be substituted for the education requirement
- 8+ years of experience with relational database systems (Microsoft SQL Server preferred) and SQL development tools
- 3+ years of familiarity with BI/DW design principles including Star and Snowflake schema, Fact/Dimensional modelling etc.
- 3+ years of data integration tools and methodologies – including APIs, ETL and various methods of connectivity, file transfer and transformations between multiple systems.
- Must have a working knowledge of the following (expertise not required): SQL Server, Power BI, Azure, Azure Data Factory, Transact SQL, U-SQL
- 1+ year of experience in Team Foundation Server, Azure DevOps
- Awareness of ITIL/COBIT principles
ADDITIONAL SKILLS PREFERRED
- Knowledge/Experience in Financial Services
- Knowledge/Experience in Securities and trading
- Knowledge/Experience in cash flow analysis, bond modelling
- Visual Studio, .NET, HTML, CSS, XML, JSON