IT Operations Manager
The IT Operations Manager oversees and directs the day-to-day activities of the Infrastructure team, ensuring that network and systems work reliably and securely. Works closely with the IT Infrastructure Director to lead teams that develop and implement networks and servers, responds to user help desk requests, and monitors system stability and performance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This position may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in this classification.)
- Develop and implement run books with project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans.
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management, and reporting functions that will result in an easier to manage environment.
- Define and document best practices and support procedures.
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation. Works closely with our branch implementation team.
- Ensure data is handled, transferred or processed according to legal and company guidelines.
- Assist with hardware, and software vendor evaluation, recommendation, and negotiations.
- Oversee data backup and system security operations. Works closely with our DevOps and InfoSec teams.
- Assess system performance and recommend improvements.
- Responsible for device and password management.
- Manage installations, upgrades and configurations of hardware and software.
- Provide support and direction for fellow team members. (Training/Mentoring)
- Provide support and guidance for Service Desk Escalations.
- Carry out special tasks at Director's request.
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Any combination of education and training equivalent to a bachelor's degree in computer science, information engineering or other related areas; such education should be at a level which demonstrates the ability to perform duties comparable to those listed herein.
- Proven experience as IT Operations Manager
- Knowledge in a Windows Server administration, utilizing VMWare ESXi and VSphere.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DFS
- Experience installing and supporting Microsoft server technologies; administration including system configuration, setup, troubleshooting, implementation, and user support.
- Experience with Cisco UCS and Dell Hardware.
- Knowledge with Cisco firewall, routers, switches, ISE, Wireless Controllers, Load Balancers, and Meraki.
- Experience with Cloud implementation a plus (Azure, AWS)
- Experience in executing enterprise Disaster Recovery strategies.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, verbal, written.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a complex and changing workload.
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and internal customers.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in, or assigned to, the above position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required, and may be changed at the discretion of the company.